Thursday 17 May 2012

group show



It was a learning experience putting the work up and getting it level. We went for a centre line height of 152cm and just finished in time. Started with the middle and worked outwards. Having a piece of card marked with the width between prints helped. I had made captions for each photo, the name of the nearest woodland or if not, then road, but it took away from the images. Much stronger without, and the same information is on the intro text anyhow.

Last week I took the trip along the A303 again and shot 250 digital images – service stations and cafes.


The whole show looked really good together, a real range of approaches on the documentary theme. When I get some time I'll scan my negatives.


The show goes up.


Christina's landscapes – like paintings.


Karen's portraits exploring family likenesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment